Saturday, May 24, 2014

I AM THE MAY QUEEN

"You must wake and call me early, call me early, mother dear;
To-morrow 'ill be the happiest time of all the glad New-year;
Of all the glad New-year, mother, the maddest merriest day,
For I'm to be Queen o' the May, mother, I'm to be Queen o' the May.

There's many a black, black eye, they say, but none so bright as mine;
There's Margaret and Mary, there's Kate and Caroline;
But none so fair as little Alice in all the land they say,
So I'm to be Queen o' the May, mother, I'm to be Queen o' the May."
 

- alfred lord tennyson's the may queen













my next character is to be the may queen. this girl i have portrayed before actually and it has stuck with me. this time however it will be very different since i am the subject myself and it's part of a complete different project. the above images i found on pinterest, only the top image is my own which happens to be from my the may queen shoot i created back in 2012 with my then assistant vikky. you can view that shoot here. it all started when i went to the v&a early 2012 and found this amazing portrait as shot by the wonder margaret cameron, in her turn she was inspired by this poem as created by alfred lord tennyson called the may queen. i fell in love. and i am still in love. she knew she was to be the may queen, she just was! and so am i. so are you if you wanna. 

i adore margaret cameron:)!
 the reason she picked up a camera?:

 "to arrest all beauty that came before me"

i aspire

wish me luck
love
alice solantania saga
(most images found on pinterest and from boards i follow)

No comments: