Friday, October 04, 2013

ARIKO INAOKA

erna & hrefna









i am in AWE of ariko inaoka's images of the wonderfully beautiful twins erna & hrefna. a wonderland of its own, the one called twin land.

about this project (quote from ariko's website):

"Erna and Hefna are eleven years old Icelandic identical twins. I started to photograph them when they were nine years old in 2009, and this will be an ongoing project until they are sixteen years old. I will visit them every year. My intention for this project is to capture the very precious period of their growth from child to teenager, physically as well as psychologically. The relationship between identical twins is interesting subject matter. I often hear that identical twin have telepathic connections between them. This is true with Erna and Hrefna. They are always together. They almost never fight each other. Spending time with them I feel such comfort in their companionship but at the same time I feel strange because I have never seen such a powerful connection between any two human beings. They say to me, "We dream same dream sometimes.""


enjoy
xxx
alice solantania saga



No comments: